[IDP II] Assignment 3 - DE-Light Cafe

11:50 AM





Reflection:

Interior Design Projects class is the most important module in the Interior
Architecture course. The total amount of credits obtained from IDP class is 5 credit
hours. Therefore, it is important that we learn and explore the most during this class.
This is the time where we have to do as much research as we can and also never stop
developing ideas. I started carrying a sketchbook around with me so whenever I have
a new idea, I could jot them down and have quick sketches to help me throughout the
semester. The main thing that I have learnt from this module for this semester is about
lighting. However, I feel like I have a lot more to learn and there is always room for
improvement as lighting is a very subjective topic and it is not possible to learn
everything in such a short amount of time.

Throughout this whole semester, I enjoy doing assignment 1 as I did quite a lot of
research on luminosity and how light comes in different forms and sizes. It is the start
of the whole semester and I began to slowly learn and understand more about lighting
as the time passes by. It is challenging however I still enjoyed myself while doing the
assignment. This semester is the first time I tried 3D rendering on the computer so I
learned quite a lot on how to develop a space with lighting using technology. I also
find it interesting how lighting can change a space environment ambience.

I do not see any disadvantages in this module. Any flaws that I have faced during the
whole semester was mainly from my own mistakes and carelessness. From this
module, I need to improve more on time management and work finesse to become a
better interior design student. The biggest challenge I faced for this semester is to
integrate the lighting and theme with the space, and turn it into a cafe of your choice.
I had difficulties in conveying my ideas into my presentation boards. This whole
module requires a lot of research to be conducted to find inspiration, create an
ambience with lighting, and unify it with a design that is unique for the cafe.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Featured Post

Short Film - Forbidden Love

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S4CMFXCXyX4

Flickr Images

Instagram

https://www.instagram.com/hamizahizyan/

Subscribe