Project 1B: HOW DO YOU SEE? - 3D Formation (Mock-up Model)

10:00 PM

Right after my final abstract drawing got approved by the three lecturers, I then proceeded on making a mock up of the model first. We were told not to make it exactly the same as the drawing and try to focus more on the keywords itself rather than copying exactly. But at the same time, the model should have similarity to the final drawing.

The first step I did was making the 20cm x 20cm box. I did mine wrongly but thankfully its only a mock up model. Then I proceeded by making my very own templates. I made triangles of various sizes to make 'diamonds' to represent multiply and colony later on. 

Making the templates
Experimenting with various types of templates
The next step, after making the templates I glued them together using 'UHU' glue.

Glueing the template together

Completed 'diamond' shape

Different sizes
After mass-producing the 'diamonds', I glued them together, trying to show a certain flow of movement to it.
How it looks so far
During the class I showed my progress so far to the lecturers but some of the parts looked off and so before I can further damage what I've already made, I redo some parts and tried to make it look more well put together.

After some thought I tried my best to finish this mock up model and gain feedbacks on how to improve and make them look better. I then remembered having to input volume, subtraction/addition and different methods on putting them together instead of just face-to-face.

Final mock-up model
After making this mock-up model, I learned more on how to improve my final model to make it better such as downsizing the 'diamonds', add in more subtraction/addition method and make it look like it has a certain movement in terms of 'diamonds' placement.








You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Featured Post

Short Film - Forbidden Love

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S4CMFXCXyX4

Flickr Images

Instagram

https://www.instagram.com/hamizahizyan/

Subscribe